Sustainability Program Coordinator – Guelph
January 20, 2023
February 20, 2023
Sustainability Program Coordinator
We believe that 100% Renewable Energy (100RE) for the entire community of Guelph is not only possible, but must be achieved long before 2050. eMERGE highlights how smart behaviour and improved efficiency helps residents reduce their impact on the environment.
Close to Public Transit:
- Home Tune-Ups
- Perform household evaluations and recommend strategies to improve energy and water efficiency that will save residents money while reducing their impact on the environment
- Assists residents in understanding new technologies and long-term billing impacts on energy demand and consumption
- Assists public and partners with general inquiries in person, by email and by phone
- Captures and analyses data to recommend program improvements
- Keeps current on improvements and new technologies associated with household efficiencies and conservation
- Compiles program reports to internal and external stakeholders
- Provides event planning and support for events, presentation and tabling opportunities
- Works with a variety of organizational stakeholders to support internal and external events
- Captures, tracks and expands relevant event metrics
- Develops opportunities to engage new audiences in Guelph through events and presentations
- Manages multiple concurrent projects and successfully meets deadlines
- Works both collaboratively and independently
- Supports orientation, training and supervision of volunteers as required
- Oversees and evaluates market research and adjusts strategy to meet changing market conditions
- Supports development of marketing and outreach strategies, including social media, updating website, preparing press releases, etc.
- Prepares organizational partner, sponsor and grant proposals to secure funding
- Degree or diploma in Environmental Studies, Environmental Sciences, Building Sciences, Sustainable Design, Business and Marketing, or equivalent experience working in the field
- Demonstrated knowledge of 'house as a system' and the interrelationship of energy and water use and conservation. An ability to calculate and quantify cost and conservation impacts for such measures.
- A working knowledge of state-of-the-art NetZero and PassiveHouse
- Event planning experience and expertise
- Good understanding of marketing and outreach strategies, with a focus on community-based marketing techniques
- Experience with social media tools such as Facebook, Twitter, Mailchimp, etc.
- Intermediate experience with MS Office, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.
- Available to work flexible hours with possibility of some weekend and evenings
- Regular access to a vehicle and G-class driver’s license
- Physical ability to carry a toolbox and other equipment in and out of a car and homes
- Access to a laptop computer
- Successful candidates will possess some or all of the following:
- A passion for environmental sustainability; a knowledge of current affairs in the energy sector is a plus;
- Strongly self-motivated and ambitious;
- Team oriented player;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
How to Apply:
Applications can be submitted to: https://emergeguelph.ca/get-involved/employment-opportunities/
The successful candidate is expected to:
- Be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations and have a valid Social Insurance Number.
- Primarily work remotely in the Guelph area. However, the following ‘in-person’ work will be necessary (including COVID protocols when necessary):
- Home Tune Up residential appointments in Guelph
- In- person public events
- In -person meetings
- Provide their own computer, telephone and WIFI