SUMMER POSITION – SECURITY GUARD – GUELPH
Grand River Conservation Authority
Close to Public Transit:
May 1, 2021
40 hours per week
Reporting to the Park Superintendent the Security Guard will assist with the enforcement of policies and regulations within the conservation area to help ensure customer satisfaction and safety. Responsibilities:
- To regularly patrol the campgrounds and day use areas to ensure public satisfaction and safety
- Enforce applicable Conservation Area policies and regulations on authority property
- Respond to complaints and provide good customer service
- Responsible for daily receipts and night deposits.
- Perform grounds and building maintenance such as washroom maintenance and litter collection.
- Frequent sanitization of work area and following GRCA’s COVID safe working policies
- Must be currently enrolled in post-secondary education in Policing or Enforcement related discipline
- Must possess a Private Security and Investigative Services Act License
- Valid First Aid and CPR certification
- Familiarity with the Grand River Conservation Authority and park policies.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to keep accurate records.
- Must possess a valid Ontario Driver’s License.
- Must be able to work weekends, night shifts and holidays (mandatory)
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Secondary School (Required)
- student card (Required)
- Private Security and Investigative Services Act License (Required)
- driver's licence (Required)
How to Apply:
Please send your resume and cover letter (referencing Security Guard) by email or apply directly using the link https://www.grandriver.ca/en/who-we-are/Student-jobs.aspx The deadline to apply for the first round of interviews is February 1, 2021. This posting will remain open until March 8, 2021. Applications submitted after February 1 2021, will only be reviewed on an as needed basis. Contract length: 4 months