SUMMER POSITION – PARKS & FORESTRY GENERAL LABOURERS – GUELPH
Parks & Forestry General Labourers
City of Guelph
Close to Public Transit:
Positions will work up to 40 hours per week. Some positions include evenings and weekends or may have regularly scheduled shifts outside the standard hours; some positions start later.
The City of Guelph is looking for hardworking, motivated team players to work in various departments during the summer months. The City of Guelph is now accepting applications from candidates who are interested in performing general labour in following areas of the Parks Operations & Forestry department:
- Turf Maintenance
- Sports Fields Maintenance
- Park Infrastructure
- Urban Forestry
- Parks Sanitation
- Trails and Natural Area Stewardship
- Amusement Rides/Playground/Splash Pads
- Valid G or G2 Driver’s license and a minimum of 2 years driving experience for positions that are required to drive a City vehicle. Successful candidates will be required to provide a current driver’s abstract prior to their start date to confirm they have a valid driver’s license held in good standing and that it has not been suspended or revoked under the Highway Traffic Act (HTA) or Criminal Code of Canada in the last 5 years. The City of Guelph will take into consideration the number of demerit points and/or nature of the infractions to determine if it meets our requirements.
- Valid CPR and First Aid is required prior to start date.
- Ability to work with various small tools and equipment.
- Ability to perform physical work and in all types of weather.
- Ability to work with or without supervision.
- Strong team skills and have a focus on quality customer service.
- Demonstrated community mindedness through volunteering, community outreach and other initiatives is an asset.
How to Apply:
Applications are received online, effective Thursday, December 24, 2020. First consideration will be given to those who apply by Friday, January 22, 2021. Qualified applicants are invited to apply using our online application. Please note all applicants must complete the online questionnaire specific to this position at the time they submit their resume and cover letter in order to be considered. Proof of qualifications will be requested at the interview stage. https://guelph.ca/job-posting/parks-and-forestry-general-labourers-summer-2021/ Please click on the “Apply for this job” button. Instructions will follow. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to a mandatory interview day scheduled on February 17th or March 3rd. Plan to be available for one of the mandatory interview dates. Please understand that you will be responsible to adjust your schedule to be available for the interview date. Please follow the instructions and follow all steps:
- Be sure to complete all the steps when creating your profile.
- Answer the online screening questionnaire specific to this position.
- Attach both your cover letter and resume saved as one document.
- If you have already created a profile, you may simply login to begin your application.