SUMMER POSITION – CAMP COUNSELLOR – GUELPH
Close to Public Transit:
March 15, 2021
35 hours per week
The job of a Camp Counsellor involves supervision of youth who attend STEM Camp. As their counsellor you will be guiding them through STEM-related activities centered around the topics of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics with a strong focus on coding and robotics. An academic and practical foundation in these areas is a huge asset. A counsellor must be fun and energetic but have good group management skills as well. Counsellors are responsible for activity setup and cleanup, organizing activities, respecting safety and health protocols and exhibiting strong leadership skills. Counsellors will also be provided opportunities to apply for the Lead Counsellor, Health and Safety Counsellor and Activity Coordinator positions.
A successful candidate:
- Must be a Canadian citizen
- Currently enrolled or a graduate of a post-secondary school. Applicants currently enrolled in, or a graduate of, a Faculty of Education program are encouraged to apply
- Some experience with online gaming, coding and robotics is an asset such as Minecraft and Scratch
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, teaching skills, time management and organizational skills, interpersonal skills, advanced computer skills (including videoconferencing), and English proficiency are an asset
- Camp Counsellors should be punctual, patient, friendly, reliable, creative, energetic and work well independently as well as in a group.
How to Apply:
|Apply through URL : https://stemcamp.ca/jobs/|