SUB-ASSEMBLY TECHNICIAN – GUELPH
Metalumen, as a designer and manufacturer of elegant energy and lighting products, is committed to a culture based on communication, collaboration, product excellence, on-time delivery, and customer and agent responsiveness. Metalumen utilizes risk-based analysis and corresponding prioritized actions to meet or exceed the expectations of our customers and agents through the continuous improvement of our products and processes. We will achieve this by defining and attracting the best talent; establishing a culture of disciplined innovation and the implementation of cycle-time improvements enterprise-wide. As a company, Metalumen is dedicated to the adherence, regular monitoring and on-going development of our Quality Management System.
Close to Public Transit:
7 a.m.-3:30 p.m. with overtime offered at 6 a.m. and Saturdays
Job Summary: Reporting directly to the Lead Hand and Sub-Assembly Team Lead, the incumbent is responsible to sub-assemble, fit, wire and install prefabricated parts to form subassemblies or finished products using hand and / or power tools. Specific Responsibilities:
- Set-up Table & Work Space before each Job and Keep Area Clean
- Fasten Parts according to Drawings using Bolting or other Fastening Equipment & Joining techniques
- Operate Pump Cart or other Material Handling Device(s) to transport or Position Larger Parts as Required.
- Check Sub-Assemblies & Inspect Finished Products to ensure they meet the Quality Standard
- Be Competent in Spot-Welding
- Able to Load and Off-Load Paint-line
- Label and Identify Assembled Components according to Customer Requirements.
- Required to use Gauges & Measuring Equipment to ensure Quality
- Able to Lift up to 50lbs
- Complies with all Company Health & Safety Policies and Procedures at all times. Without Limitation, Wears Personal Protective Equipment at all times in accordance with Metalumen’s Policies
- Maintains a Clean and Well-Organized Work Area; Works in Conjunction with Afternoon Shift Employees to do so
- Act as a back-up to the painter: spray painting of various parts manually and with automatic spray booth
- Any other job duties and responsibilities as assigned and required by the supervisor
- 2 Years’ Experience in a Small to Medium Sub-Assembly Department
- Powder paint experience an asset
- Accepts Ownership & Accountability for own Actions and is Persistent in following up on Daily Plan
- Ability to interpret Colors, Blue prints & Measurements on Design Drawings to be able to Visually Match a Part against a Print
- Respects Diversity & Treats others with Respect. Avoids Unnecessary Conflict
- Effectively Communicates with Co-Workers, Employees & Customers
- Is Energetic, Innovative and Shares New Ideas in an Effort to Continuously Improve the Process
- Ability/Willingness to Work Flexible Shifts: Day shift, Afternoon and Saturdays
How to Apply:
Please send resumes to: email@example.com They would like to hire immediately!