SOCIAL WORKER – ELORA
Portage is a not- for-profit organization that helps people overcome substance abuse- issues and associated behavioural problems in order to achieve positive lifestyle changes. Portage provides drug addiction rehabilitation treatment in its various centres in Atlantic Canada, Québec and Ontario. Portage Elora services youth aged 14 – 18 years of age.
Close to Public Transit:
Must be available evenings and weekends
To be determined
- Support intervention plans under the therapeutic community approach
- Work alongside the multidisciplinary team, through the creation, realization and evaluation of programs and intervention or rehabilitation plans
- Involve the family members and community in the implementation of Portage’s addiction rehabilitation approach
- Make referrals to community agencies for the resident, when necessary
- Participate as a member of the admissions committee
- Under the supervision of the family services coordinator, supports the residents’ close relations within the individual interventions and through support group meetings that will be under his/her responsibility
- Assist the team with their responsibilities
- Participate in all other related task required by their director
Hold a BSW or MSW Degree.
- Member of the Ontario College of Social Work and Social Service Workers (mandatory)
- Interest and experience with in the field of addictions, in therapeutic community or mental health
- Good knowledge of software programs: office suite
- Good knowledge of laws and regulations of the MCCSS
- Proven skill in team work
- Planned and organized
- Excellent communication skills; bilingual is an asset
How to Apply:
Email resume to email@example.com with Social Worker: Portage in subject line.