SDG Cities Network Coordinator – Guelph, ON
Aug 8, 2022
Aug 19, 2022
SDG Cities Network Coordinator
10C Shared Space (10C) is currently seeking a detail-oriented and outgoing evaluation and knowledge mobilization enthusiast to join the team. Working primarily as part of the SDG Cities team and the 10C team more broadly, this role will have a primary focus on knowledge mobilization, program evaluation, event support and network connection. This person will also layer into other 10C project teams to support related work.
- This position is in Guelph with both on-site and work-from-home flexibility. Our ideal candidate has a strong connection to Guelph-Wellington.
- To support health and wellness, this role has access to:
- Two (2) weeks vacation on an annual basis, with one (1) day vacation to be added per year of work to a maximum of five (5) additional days of paid vacation;
- Additional time away of up to three (3) paid sick days, and two (2) paid ‘flex’ days off per year to be used at your discretion;
- Extended Health Benefits package after 3 months of employment which includes: basic life and critical life insurance, extended healthcare, dental, vision and paramedical services.
Close to Public Transit:
September 12, 2022
Work schedule to be determined based on individual schedule and the needs of the role and team. Hours of work will include some evening and weekend work.
This is a contract position with a salary range of $46,800 – $50,000, based on 37.5 hours/week and initial contract end date of March 31, 2024, with the potential for renewal pending funding.
Core responsibilities of the SDG Cities Network Coordinator will include:
- Knowledge mobilization & network support
- Gather, synthesize and share relevant resources, tools and information through channels including website, social media, and in-person
- Support the maintenance and content development for 10C websites, including SDG Cities website
- Support the development of SDG stories and impact reports with participant organizations
- Plan and facilitate several educational, community events as part of the SDG Cities project and other 10C initiatives
- Support in the planning and implementation of the SDG Cities Academy, offer one-on-one support to existing and former Academy participants
- Lead the development of SDG Cities network and stakeholder map – research types of maps, curate database of information, use mapping software and tools to create map
- Program evaluation
- Support the on-going program evaluation for SDG Cities, including liaising with third party evaluation consultant
- Lead external program evaluation 10C programs and in partnership with external organizations, including data collection, analysis and reporting
- Offer suggestions to implement evaluation findings in both 10C and external projects
- Other responsibilities
- Working in a fast-paced, dynamic, community-focused, non-profit environment means that other opportunities and tasks arise. In addition to giving capacity to be all hands on deck at times, this flexibility also allows each 10C team member to engage with different projects and initiatives related to their specific interests, strengths, and goals.
The SDG Cities Network Coordinator will bring the following experiences and abilities to the role:
- Knowledge of, familiarity with and enthusiasm for the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- Understanding and experience with project evaluation frameworks, including data analysis and reporting
- Experience planning and executing educational and community-building events
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills, with a proven ability to clearly communicate complex messages in digestible ways to diverse audiences through different platforms
- Familiarity with project management, social networks, and collaborative work platforms including: Google Workspace, Slack, Airtable, CRM systems, WordPress, Mighty Networks and a variety of data visualization and other web-based tools
- Post-secondary education in a relevant field, or equivalent professional, community or lived experience
- Experience working in a dynamic, fast-paced, and collaborative environment. Experience in the non-profit sector is considered an asset
How to Apply:
Please email your cover letter and resume, specifying Network Coordinator in the subject line, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include in your cover letter the answer to the question, “What is your superpower?”