PRODUCT CONFIGURATOR – GUELPH
Leadership in Engineered Transportation Equipment since 1954.
Close to Public Transit:
Full time, permanent
Dependent on experience. Walinga offers competitive wages and benefit package
Walinga Inc. is committed to accommodating our customers by designing and manufacturing a wide variety of products. These complex products are highly customizable, which gives rise to a configuration challenge. The Manufacturing Engineering team plans the practices of manufacturing. As part of our team, your focus will be on product configuration. You will be receiving the order information from the sales team and will be responsible for translating such an order into a production job by selecting operations and components. Much of these selections are automatically triggered, but it is your task to validate these selections and to complete the configuration with manual selections. You will work closely together with the Sales Team, Design Team and the Production Team. Product configuration has a great impact on the organization's performance. It is of great importance that the jobs are consistent and accurate. Configuration is a great line of work as well as a challenging line of work. To assist with the transition you will be working closely together with a skilled team. This team will help you to grow into this position as you take on more responsibility.
- Principle Roles & Responsibilities:
- Your primary focus is to complete product configurations by validation and selecting the right components for each production step.
- You will be identifying the design issues, namely by highlighting the need for new components.
- You will be in close collaboration with production and implementing their feedback.
- Understanding the manufacturing processes.
- Understanding of transportation equipment.
- Ability to work independently but provide support to the team as and when requested.
- Ability to analyze and identify the potential for improvement.
- Analytical and problem solving abilities and ability to exercise good judgment.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Attention to detail.
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Plastic shield at work stations
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
How to Apply:
Please submit resume with Product Configurator - Walinga in the subject line to: firstname.lastname@example.org