Personal Care Aides – Guelph
Personal Care Aide
- At Schlegel Villages, we aspire to provide all members of our communities, including team members, with a life enriching experience. Family owned and operated, we take our mission seriously: “to provide holistic health care in a home environment, located within an internal neighbourhood design that promotes a caring community with emphasis on optimal health and life purpose for each resident”.
- Our team members are passionate about providing the highest quality of services to our residents. They not only have the right skills and knowledge, but more importantly, share the organizational values. They have the right attitude; and view their role as not just a job but a calling. In all of our departments, we recruit only the best.
- Schlegel Villages provides ongoing training and education programs to make sure our team members’ skills and knowledge are cutting edge. At our Villages, we realize that the highest quality of service does not just happen – it is the result of a good deal of focused effort.
- We want to hire the best people, provide the best training and education, and support them with the best leadership. Our commitment to these objectives creates a culture and environment of positive engagement on our journey to change the culture of aging.
Close to Public Transit:
- The PCA acts as an advocate for residents and supports resident- centered service delivery.
- PCAs work as part of an interdisciplinary team to ensure holistic needs are met and maximum choice and participation by residents in decision- making is promoted.
- PCAs assist our residents with all activities of daily living.
- Personal hygiene and basic nursing care is provided by our PCA.
- The PCA observes and reports any changes in the resident’s status to the RPN or Charge Nurse.
- Able to work as part of an inter-professional team.
- Support and embrace a resident centered social culture.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Be prepared to provide high quality personal care to residents.
How to Apply:
- If you are interested and meet the above qualifications, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. PSW students welcome to apply within.
- Schlegel Villages is pleased to accommodate individual needs in accordance with the Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA), within our recruitment process. If you require accommodation at any time throughout the recruitment process, please speak with the hiring leader.
- We thank all interested candidates. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.