MEAT CUTTER – GUELPH
Cargill - Dunlop Facility
Close to Public Transit:
6:30 AM - 3:00 PM Mon. – Fri. with over-time as needed to fulfill production demands. 40 hours a week. Over-time is at time and a half.
Wage Range is $18.40/hour - $26.60/hour as per the collective agreement - Starting rate for experienced meat cutters (3+ years of experience) is $20.10/hour - Starting rate for entry level (less than 3 years of experience) is $18.40/hour
Cargill is hiring for full time skilled Meat Cutters to work in our beef processing facility located in Guelph, Ontario. We are looking for applicants who value a safe stable working environment. As one of the world’s largest privately owned organizations, Cargill extends an attractive benefits package, competitive wage and enormous opportunities.
- Work in a fully integrated beef production facility, performing precision meat cutting functions involving:
- Working in a time sensitive process deboning, trimming and preparing standard / specialized cuts
- of meats using knives;
- Cutting, trimming and preparing precise products
- Working with specialized knives and equipment in accordance with workplace health and safety requirement as well as safe food handling practices.
- Maintaining equipment to ensure it is sharp and in good condition according to company standards
- Maintain high standards of sanitation and personal cleanliness;
- Training for entry level employees; and supervising other butchers/meat cutters
- Performing other duties as required
- High School education
- 3-5 years butcher/knife experience required; (Experience in detailed meat cutting for further added value.)
- Previous experience in meat processing and packing environment using manual cutting utensils and band saws.
- Certificate of Meat Cutting Program (preferred)
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to stand and perform repetitive physical tasks for extended periods of time
- Commitment to safety and quality processes
- Attention to detail and work well with others
- Enthusiasm and willingness to learn and develop
- Excellent hand-eye coordination and decision making skills
- Reliability/ Dependability
- Basic English communication skills
- Able to work in fast paced environment
- Must pass a Company Medical Examination
- Must pass a Criminal Background Check
- Legally entitled to work for Cargill in Canada
How to Apply:
Please apply directly by following the link below: Note: All interested candidates must apply online in order to be considered. https://cargill.taleo.net/careersection/caps_hourly/jobdetail.ftl?job=GUE00878&lang=en OR For more information please contact: Cargill Ltd. Dunlop Beef Facility, Human Resources Department Address: 165 Dunlop Drive Guelph ON N1L 1P4 Tel: 519-823-5200 ext. 211 E-mail: Guelph_hiring@cargill.com Website: www.cargill.ca Cargill is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). Applicants are asked to make their needs/requirements, for the purpose of accommodation under AODA, known to Human Resources when they are contacted for an interview. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those invited to participate in our recruitment process will be contacted.
- Performing repetitive tasks
- Fast paced environment
- Physical Effort: This is a physically demanding position and will require continuous standing for extended periods of time, as well as some heavy lifting. Knife work involves regular repetitive use of hands, wrists, arms, shoulders.
- Physical Environment: Regular exposure to factors such as temperature extremes, moving machinery, loud noise.
- Sensory Attention: Regular need to give close attention- either hearing or seeing to surroundings.