MAINTENANCE – GUELPH
Close to Public Transit:
- Responsible for the day to day maintenance of the property; working day, evening shifts and/or weekends
- Perform maintenance activities schedules to cover all tasks to be completed on a regular basis, plan for responding to emergency situations.
- Performs regular preventative maintenance and upgrades as assumed on components of the building including electrical systems, mechanical systems, energy management systems, grounds, parking, renovation, exercise room, pool etc.
- Perform preventative maintenance and minor repairs in accordance with BRAND directives and instructions
- Supports the service personnel in any way possible to enhance guest services.
- Responds to Front desk calls for maintenance requests
- Reports any equipment malfunction, emergency situations or suspicious persons to the Maintenance Manager
- Anticipates, identifies and corrects system breakdowns to achieve guest satisfaction.
- Communicates with Maintenance Manager and co-workers regarding product/service deficiencies, equipment, safety problems, etc.
- Is fully prepared for fire alarm procedures and other safety requirements. To complete all life inspections and reports as assigned safety reports (e.g. Fire extinguishers, Health & Safety, Equipment reports)
- Is familiar with the location of how to control the supply of water, electricity and gas in an emergency situation.
- Refurbishes furniture and fixtures with in the hotel such as cabinets, tables, chairs, doors, windows and counters. Paints and finishes furniture and fixtures, if needed.
- Performs general minor repairs to in house plumbing, electrical, refrigeration, kitchen equipment and HVAC systems.
- Performs routine maintenance on air handling units (HVAC)
- Performs room inspections as required
- Able to trouble shoot, follow and maintain a preventative maintenance program.
- Reports work completed daily to supervisor
- Maintains pool facilities in clean and orderly condition
- Ensure compliance with hotel’s Occupational Health & Safety procedures.
- Duties associated with Maintenance position including but not limited to the above
- Ability to deal with all levels of management in a professional manner.
- Requires focus with consistent interruption
- Ability to deal with guests in a courteous and pleasant manner
- Able to respond to maintenance requests assigned through electronic means (text, email, apps)
- Must work in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures
- Some heavy lifting required
- Standing for long periods
- Working with hazardous materials
Experience: 2 - 4 years property maintenance preferably in the Hospitality, Healthcare field
How to Apply:
Please send resume to email@example.com and include job title in subject or Jana Bozic , Human Resources Coordinator , Holiday Inn Guelph Hotel & Conference Centre. We thank all applicants but only those qualified will be contacted for an interview.