LEAD COOK – MOUNT FOREST
Birmingham Retirement Community
At Birmingham Retirement, helping people is not just a service, it's our focus. We serve seniors with the utmost respect, compassion and joy. Our service is dynamic, customized and evolving to accommodate the ever changing needs of our residents. We take pride in fostering fulfilling lifestyles for our residents. The Birmingham Retirement Experience is about finding the perfect balance of good living, enjoying every moment and living life to the fullest. We want to provide our residents and their families with the peace of mind that comes from safety, security and great living.
Close to Public Transit:
40 hours per week
Dependent on experience
The Lead Cook is accountable to manage all aspects of food production, plate presentation and Hospitality Style Dining to meet the dining needs of the Residents.
- Responsible for supporting Hospitality Style Dining Service through superior food production practices, plate presentation and garnishing by following the menus and resident prescribed diet information, setting up equipment and supplies for food preparation, following standardized recipes at appropriate temperatures and in portion controlled quantities.
- Provides direction to food and beverage staff in basic food preparation procedures, prep work, plating of food and assists in the orientation of new food and beverage employees.
- Alerts Food & Beverage Manager to problems that impact food quality and service and makes recommendations about corrective actions.
- In the absence of the Food & Beverage Manager, assumes responsibility for departmental operations including staff replacement, makes menu changes as necessary, requisitions and purchases food and other supplies from authorized suppliers, and maintains records as directed
- Assists with monthly food inventory count and performs other duties as assigned.
- Grade 12 minimum education required.
- Red Seal designation required or graduate of a recognized college food preparation program willing to Red Seal certify.
- A minimum of 1-2 years’ experience in volume food preparation, catering and special event preparation in the hospitality or Retirement home industry.
- A valid Safe Food Handling Certificate and Smart Serve certificate.
- Ability to work to deadline and flexible to work shifts (weekends, evenings, etc.).
How to Apply:
Email resume to email@example.com with Lead Cook Birmingham Retirement in subject line.