INDUSTRIAL BUTCHER – GUELPH
Cargill is building a new vision; to support the vision, we are looking for talented, reliable, and hard-working individuals – people who want to make Cargill their career choice - to join our Production team at our Guelph-Dunlop- Beef Processing facility. To know more about our company please visit http://www.cargill.ca/en/products-services/meat-processing/ Come and be a part of our dynamic team! We currently have openings for Permanent Fulltime experienced Industrial Butchers to join our Harvest area. There are 50 vacancies and the start date would be as soon as possible. Applicants with Less than 6 months of experience will be assigned entry level jobs and receive on-site Cargill specific knife skill and butchery training.
Close to Public Transit:
Mon. – Fri. with over-time as needed to fulfill production demands. 40 hours a week. Over-time is at time and a half.
6:30 AM - 3:00 PM
$16.60 - $25.55 /hour depending on experience (Starting rate for experience Industrial Butcher with 3+ months of experience is $19.05/hr. Starting rate for entry level (less than 6 months of experience is $16.60 hour)
- Slaughter livestock
- Skin, clean and trim carcasses
- Remove viscera and other inedible parts from carcasses
- Split carcasses into smaller portions to facilitate handling
- Remove skin, excess fat, bruises or other blemishes from carcasses or meat portions
- 1 to less than 7 months butcher/knife experience required
- Previous experience in meat processing and packing environment using manual cutting utensils and band saws is preferable of Meat Cutting Program (preferred)
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Commitment to safety and food quality processes
- Ability to stand and perform repetitive physical tasks for extended periods of time
- Attention to detail and work well with others
- Enthusiasm and willingness to learn and develop
- Critical thinking, have significant use of memory and continuous learning
- Excellent hand-eye coordination and decision making skills
- Reliability/ Dependability
- Basic English communication skills
How to Apply:
Please Contact Cargill Ltd. Dunlop Beef Facility Human Resources Department Address: 165 Dunlop Drive Guelph ON N1L 1P4 Tel: 519-823-5200 ext 283 Fax: 519-823-5488 E-mail: Guelph_hiring@cargill.com Website: www.cargill.ca We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those invited to participate in our recruitment process will be contacted.
- Performing repetitive tasks
- Fast paced environment
- Physical Effort: This is a physically demanding position and will require continuous standing for extended periods of time, as well as some heavy lifting. Knife work involves regular repetitive use of hands, wrists, arms, shoulders.
- Physical Environment: Regular exposure to factors such as temperature extremes, moving machinery, loud noise.
- Sensory Attention: Regular need to give close attention- either hearing or seeing-
- Manual cutting utensil, Band saw