Housekeeper – Fergus
Close to Public Transit:
June 1, 2021
8 shifts per month - includes weekends, Stat holidays, Call ins and Vacation Relief
- Provision of housekeeping service within the rented units
- The day housekeeper will ensure a thorough cleaning process in each unit once weekly as well as follow and initial all directed tasks in the housekeeping day routine. Each unit will have trash removed daily.
- The night housekeeper will ensure a thorough cleaning process within all common areas inclusive of storage areas and staff rooms.
- Additional routines as per housekeeper routine.
- Special projects as they arise: window cleaning, patio furniture cleaning, etc.
- Room preparation for new arrivals.
- Inclusive of out of the ordinary directions to assist in the admission, discharges and transfers.
- Public relations/ customer service: include of both face to face, by professional telephone manner and out in the general public. The housekeeper will honour the confidentiality pledge and Code of Conduct.
- Training: Attend all training sessions offered by the employer or outside agencies– complete all training packages provided by the employer or outside agencies – complete tests with a high level of accuracy in a timely manner.
- Organization: Must be organized in thought and action – keep the housekeeping closets and carts clean, neat and tidy.
- Judgement: Make decisions based on education, experience and knowledge of Highland Manor's policies and procedures to advocate on behalf of the residents.
- Customer Service: Interact with residents, family members, co-workers, management, outside contractors and the general public in a way that strengthens relationships – this may be in person or on the telephone.
- Time Management: Working in a manner that meets the needs of the resident, regularly scheduled events and delegated tasks within the confines of the time allotted.
- Flexible and self-directed
- High physical stamina
- Quality management and continuous improvement awareness
- Respects dignity, privacy and personal space of residents
How to Apply:
Please send resumes to: Food@highlandmanorfergus.ca