GROUNDS KEEPING AND OUTDOOR MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN – GUELPH
Grounds Keeping and Outdoor Maintenance Technician
Close to Public Transit:
Outdoor maintenance workers ensure that all aspects of the grounds and outdoor areas of Sifton owned townhomes, common areas, and parks are attractive, well maintained and safe, providing an attractive, pleasant environment for our tenants and the community.
- Landscaping which includes grass cutting, tree pruning and gardening
- General repair and maintenance of various aspects of exterior building maintenance
- Addressing resident work orders in a timely fashion
- Assisting with snow removal operation
- Safe operation of various types of equipment and/or light duty utility vehicles.
- Safe operation of stone saw, power tools, and various gas/battery power tools
- Participation in Health & Safety and environmental initiatives, including completion of all assigned training, hazard awareness and use of all required personal protective and safety equipment.
- Self-motivated and energetic, able to work well within a team environment
- Good communication skills and a positive customer service focus
- Obtain, or able to obtain Working at Heights certification
- Ability to perform physical job functions during all weather conditions
- Dependable transportation; valid driver’s license and ability to report for flexible work schedules
- Prior experience in a landscape or grounds maintenance environment
- Prior safety training and strong awareness and knowledge of the safe operation of grounds maintenance equipment and other safety protocols.
How to Apply:
As part of Sifton family, we offer: • Company-wide online recognition program • Holiday Events/ Team Events • Team Building Activities and much, much more Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please contact Human Resources.