General Production – Guelph
Cargill (Watson Facility)
Close to Public Transit:
40hrs/Week, Day Shift - 6:30 A.M. to 3:00 P.M, Afternoon Shift - 3:00 P.M. to 11:30 P.M Monday through Friday, with overtime as needed to fulfill production demands. Overtime is at time and a half.
$20.55 - $26.00/hour hour
- Transport raw materials, finished products and packaging materials throughout plant and warehouse manually, or with powered equipment.
- Measure and dump ingredients into hoppers of mixing and grinding machines or mobile tank trucks.
- Feed and unload food and associated products processing machines.
- Feed flattened boxes into forming machines to construct containers.
- Remove filled containers from conveyors and manually pack goods into bags, boxes or other containers.
- Clean work areas and equipment.
- Check products and packaging for basic quality defects.
- Assist process control and machine operators in performing their duties.
- Picking, sorting, labeling, bagging, packing, weighing and boxing finished product
- Lifting from 20lbs. up to 60lbs.
- Working with raw meat particularly but not limited to Beef, Pork and Chicken.
- Damp and Cold work environment (0-4 Celsius).
- 1 to less than 7 months experience.
- Previous experience in food processing and packing environment is preferable.
- Cargill specific on-the-job training is provided for selected candidates.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to stand and perform repetitive physical tasks for extended periods of time.
- Commitment to safety and food quality processes.
- Attention to detail and work well with others.
- Enthusiasm and willingness to learn and develop.
- Excellent hand-eye coordination and decision-making skills.
- Reliability/ Dependability.
- Basic English communication skills.
- Able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Must meet all pre-employment requirements.
- Legally entitled to work for Cargill in Canada.
How to Apply:
www.cargill.ca - CANADA-ENGLISH, Ontario, Guelph and Hourly Production then click on VIEW JOBS
- Cargill is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing accommodation to our job applicants with disabilities.
- We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those invited to participate in our recruitment process will be contacted.
- After three (3) months and probationary period met, eligible for company benefit program