FRONT STORE ASSOCIATE/WAREHOUSE – FERGUS
Front Store Associate/Warehouse
Habitat for Humanity Wellington Dufferin Guelph: Building Homes. Building community. At Habitat for Humanity Wellington Dufferin Guelph (WDG), we believe that a better future starts right at home, but it doesn’t stop there. With each new project we undertake, we’re helping to provide a solid foundation for families to grow and engage in their community. Our Mission is to mobilize volunteers and community partners in building affordable housing and promoting home ownership to breaking the cycle of poverty. Because you, me, we – we’re all human, and every one of us deserves a decent place to live. We’re starting in Guelph with the development of Cityview Village, and are currently exploring properties in Dufferin County. From there, we will begin planning for a build in Mount Forest. Serving more families means greater fundraising, deeper partnerships, advancing ReStore revenues, and embarking on a new level of community connectedness. All areas of the organization are reaching new plateaus, and all member of our growing, dynamic and motivated team are dedicated to making Habitat’s vision of a world where everyone has a safe and decent place to live a reality. Our Store Associate(s) will play an important role in helping us achieve our growth targets.
Close to Public Transit:
Friday and Saturday’s with flexibility to cover other shifts as required
Habitat for Humanity WDG is seeking an energetic individual who thrives in a multi-faceted retail operations role:
- Follows daily cash procedures to ensure accuracy including end of day processing and reporting
- Develops relationships with customers and donors, and provides knowledgeable, courteous, and responsible customer service to build loyalty and promotes repeat business
- Use technology to ensure collection of data for reporting, donor receipt services etc.
- Effective receiving and processing of donations and salvage/recycling; optimizes flow of product onto retail floor
- Create eye catching displays that showcase products and how products can be used and/or re-purposed
- Assist with collection and processing of E-Waste and recycling salvage
- Providing customers and donors with an incredible experience that keeps them coming back
- Assisting coaching and developing volunteers in a positive and supportive environment
- Through guidance, coaching and encouragement create a safe and supportive team environment for staff and volunteers
- Previous customer service, merchandising, teamwork, flexibility, adaptability, communication, problem solving, and coaching skills is essential
- Energetic, adaptable, team player with a passion for achieving our mission and who thrives in a multi-faceted role
- Strong interpersonal skills to develop a positive rapport with volunteers, customers and donors.
- Ability to adapt to the daily challenges associated with the operation of a retail store and in a volunteer environment.
- Able to lift to 40-50 lbs using a cart or dolly and possess reasonable agility to do the necessary physical labour.
- Own green patch CSA approved steel toe boots/shoes are required
- Knowledgeable of health and safety policies and procedures and champions best practices with volunteers and staff
How to Apply:
Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with ReStore in subject line.