Cook – Guelph
The Ignatious Jesuit Centre
The Ignatius Jesuit Centre (IJC) is a not for profit charity situated on 640 acres of woodlands, wetlands and farmland just north of Guelph Ontario. IJC welcomes all and is home to Loyola Retreat House & Ignatian Training, Ignatius Farm, the Ignatius Old-Growth Forest, St Brigid’s Villa and Orchard Park Office Centre. The Ignatius land includes deciduous and mixed forest, meadows, urban fringe, naturalized and ornamental landscapes, including Class 3 provincially significant wetlands and a restored cold water stream. We are fully committed to the environmental care of this land.
Close to Public Transit:
Days, evenings and weekends.
24 hours a week.
Salary is competitive based on your skills, history in the industry and relative work experience.
- Working calmly under pressure while maintaining a positive attitude
- Following instructions clearly while delivering well-prepared meals
- Knowing your way around the kitchen
- Working with limited supervision and prioritizing tasks
- Working cooperatively as part of a small dynamic kitchen team
- Excellent communication skills
- Participate in the daily prep and menu planning of breakfast, lunch & dinner
- Adhering to all sanitation & Health & Safety procedures
- Proven experience as a cook – can include equivalent life experiences
- Experience in using knives, cookware and bakeware
- Knowledge of cooking procedures and methods
- Must be willing and able to working evenings, some holidays and weekends
How to Apply:
If this resonates with you, please send us a cover letter and your resume. Let us know why you would be a good fit and what you would bring to the Ignatius Jesuit Centre’s kitchen. Submit resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org We thank all applicants; only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Upon completion of a three-month probation period we provide permanent employees with fully employer paid Extended Health & Benefits Plan and employer matched Pension Plan. This position will offer the successful candidate the security of a salary and guaranteed hours.