Cabin Counsellor (Overnight Camp for People with Disabilities) – Belwood, ON
July 13, 2022
Aug 13, 2022
Cabin Counsellor (Overnight Camp for People with Disabilities)
Belwood Lodge and Camp
Belwood Lodge and Camp is a summer camp for children, youth, and adults with special needs. For over 75 years, we've taken pride in our unique program being a safe place for individuals with mental and physical disabilities to make friends and build life skills.
Close to Public Transit:
Salary: From $370.00 per week (room and board included)
The Role: The Cabin Counsellor position is a, full time, live-in summer contract position. It is perfect for an individual who is looking to build skills in working individuals with autism and other spectrum disorders, Down syndrome, cerebral palsy, acquired brain injuries, and other intellectual disabilities. Program counsellors plan and run the Camp activities with our lodgers, and support their physical, behavioural and emotional needs, and build lifelong memories! What you will receive from us:
- Development and strengthening of leadership skills
- A fun filled work environment
- Develop and strengthen teamwork skills
- Impact people from a variety of backgrounds
- An interest in working with people with disabilities in the future
- CPR/First Aid
- Current Vulnerable Sector Check (can be done online prior to summer)
- Availability June 24 -Sept 3
- Flexibility and willingness to work as a part of a team!
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to problem solve in a fast-paced environment
- Camp experience is an asset
How to Apply:
How to Apply: please email email@example.com with your resume.
COVID-19 considerations: All staff and campers are required to be fully vaccinated to come to camp. Belwood Lodge and Camp has made extensive protocols to keep all staff and campers safe while at Belwood Lodge and Camp. Please see www.belwoodlodgeandcamp.com for more information!