BUTCHER/MEATCUTTER – ROCKWOOD
Close to Public Transit:
- Weigh, wrap and price meat products.
- Prepares meat products for display by performing duties such as cutting and trimming, grinding, wrapping and tying roasts according to standards.
- Maintains display, creating production list, rotating product, scanning and recording waste, product reductions and discarding expired product.
- Serves customers by greeting them, processing orders, providing information and responding to concerns.
- Cleaning and sanitizing preparation areas and coolers.
- Assists Meat Manager with verifying meat orders received, by reviewing invoices, verifying weight quantity, quality code dates and costs, and placing into storage.
- Ensures compliance with government legislation and company standards including food safety by cleaning and disinfecting all areas as required such as butcher area sinks, counters, and equipment following all sanitation schedules and food safety logs.
- Ensures equipment is in a good safe working order by reporting any unsafe equipment or conditions, guards, lockouts, etc.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Basic knowledge or meat, or willingness to follow direction and learn
- Good customer service skills
- Able to work accurately in a fast paced environment
- Good attitude with a willingness to learn and help out wherever is needed
- Capable of working independently or as part of a team
- Lifting and moving weights of 5 – 20 kilograms (i.e. large cuts of meat, unpacking cases of pre-packaged goods)
- Ability to use various tools including band saws and different knives for cutting
How to Apply:
Please email resume to: email@example.com with Butcher / Meatcutter in subject line. We thank all those that apply. Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.