BUTCHER/MEAT CUTTER – GUELPH
Cargill is building a new vision; to support the vision, we are looking for talented, reliable, and hard-working individuals – people who want to make Cargill their career choice - to join our Production team at our Guelph-Dunlop- Beef Processing facility. To know more about our company please visit http://www.cargill.ca/en/products-services/meat-processing/ Come and be a part of our dynamic team! We currently have openings for Permanent Fulltime experienced Meat Cutters/Butchers to join our Fabrication area. There are 50 vacancies and the start date would be as soon as possible. Applicants with Less than 3 years of experience will be assigned entry level jobs and receive on-site Cargill specific knife skill and butchery training.
Close to Public Transit:
6:30 a.m.-3:00 pm, with over time as needed to fulfill production demands. 40 hours a week. Over time is at time and a half.
Benefits As per the collective agreement, Disability benefits, Medical benefits, Dental benefits, Vision, Pension plan benefits.
- Cut carcasses, sides and quarters.
- Cut, trim and prepare specialized cuts of meat
- Remove bones from meat.
- Prepare special orders
- Performing repetitive tasks
- Fast paced environment
- Physical Effort: This is a physically demanding position and will require continuous standing for extended periods of time, as well as some heavy lifting. Knife work involves regular repetitive use of hands, wrists, arms, shoulders.
- Physical Environment: Regular exposure to factors such as temperature extremes, moving machinery, loud noise.
- Sensory Attention: Regular need to give close attention- either hearing or seeing to surroundings.
- High School education
- 3-5 years butcher/knife experience required (Experience in detailed meat cutting for further added value)
- Previous experience in meat processing and packing environment using manual cutting utensils and band saws.
- Certificate of Meat Cutting Program (preferred)
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work under cold conditions
- Commitment to safety and food quality processes
- Ability to stand and perform repetitive physical tasks for extended periods of time
- Attention to detail and work well with others
- Enthusiasm and willingness to learn and develop
- Critical thinking, have significant use of memory and continuous learning
- Excellent hand-eye coordination and decision making skills
- Reliability/ Dependability
- Basic English communication skills
How to Apply:
Please Contact Cargill Ltd. Dunlop Beef Facility Human Resources Department Address: 165 Dunlop Drive Guelph ON N1L 1P4 Tel: 519-823-5200 ext 283 Fax: 519-823-5488 E-mail: Guelph_hiring@cargill.com Website: www.cargill.ca We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those invited to participate in our recruitment process will be contacted.