INDUSTRIAL BUTCHER – GUELPH
Close to Public Transit:
6:30 a.m.-3:00 pm, with over time as needed to fulfill production demands. 40 hours a week. Over time is at time and a half.
$16.60 - $25.55 /hour depending on experience Starting rate for experience Industrial Butcher with 3+ months of experience is $19.05/hr. Starting rate for entry level (less than 6 months of experience is $16.60 hr). Prescription medication, Disability, Medical, Dental, and Vision care benefits will commence after three months of employment.
Cargill is hiring for full time Industrial Butchers to work in our beef processing facility located in Guelph, Ontario. We are looking for applicants who value a safe stable working environment. As one of the world’s largest privately owned organizations, Cargill extends an attractive benefits package, competitive wage and enormous opportunities. JOB DESCRIPTION:
- Slaughter livestock
- Skin, clean and trim carcasses
- Remove viscera and other inedible parts from carcasses
- Split carcasses into smaller portions to facilitate handling
- Remove skin, excess fat, bruises or other blemishes from carcasses or meat portions
- 1 to less than 7 months butcher/knife experience required
- Previous experience in meat processing and packing environment using manual cutting utensils and band saws is preferable
- Cargill specific on-the-job training is provided for selected candidates
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to stand and perform repetitive physical tasks for extended periods of time
- Commitment to safety and food quality processes
- Attention to detail and work well with others
- Enthusiasm and willingness to learn and develop
- Excellent hand-eye coordination and decision-making skills
- Reliability/ Dependability
- Basic English communication skills
- Able to work in a fast paced environment
- Must pass company Medical Examination
- Must pass Criminal Background Check
- Legally entitled to work for Cargill in Canada
How to Apply:
Please apply directly by following the link: Note: All interested candidates must apply online in order to be considered. https://careers.cargill.com/job/guelph/skilled-production-industrial-butcher-noc-9462-full-time-dunlop-guelph-on/23251/16315427 OR For more information please contact: Cargill Ltd. Dunlop Beef Facility, Human Resources Department Address: 165 Dunlop Drive Guelph ON N1L 1P4 Tel: 519-823-5200 ext. 211 E-mail: Guelph_hiring@cargill.com Website: www.cargill.ca Cargill is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). Applicants are asked to make their needs/requirements, for the purpose of accommodation under AODA, known to Human Resources when they are contacted for an interview. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those invited to participate in our recruitment process will be contacted.
- Perform repetitive tasks
- Fast paced environment
- Physical Effort: This is a physically demanding position and will require continuous standing for extended periods of time, as well as some heavy lifting. Knife work involves regular repetitive use of hands, wrists, arms, shoulders.
- Physical Environment: Regular exposure to factors such as temperature extremes, moving machinery, loud noise.
- Sensory Attention: Regular need to give close attention- either hearing or seeing-