ANIMAL CARE & RESEARCH ASSISTANT – FERGUS
Animal Care & Research Assistant
Undisclosed - Fergus (5 km's outside of town)
Our newly renovated facility boasts some of the most progressive animal housing and welfare standards for animal research worldwide. Full-time, permanent positions available. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who loves animals (cats and dogs) and thrives in a fast-paced, team environment.
Close to Public Transit:
Day time continental-type shift (10 out of 14 days)
starting pay $15/hour, remuneration is split into a base wage combined with an easily achievable incentive $0.50/per hour.
- daily maintenance of animal housing
- animal care
- health monitoring
- data collection & processing of samples
- social enrichment (training, playing, etc.)
- An interest in animal nutrition
- Experience with cats and dogs, or a keen interest in gaining experience
- Comfortable in a busy, noisy environment
- Ability to work well as a team and to follow instructions unsupervised
- Good attention to detail
- Must be physically fit and comfortable working in an environment that requires lifting and cleaning
- Must be willing to work every other weekend and have access to reliable transportation
How to Apply:
Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with job title in subject line. We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.