ADMINISTRATOR – GUELPH
Church of the Apostles (Anglican) - Guelph, ON
Close to Public Transit:
10 hours per week
The Corporation (Rector and Wardens) is seeking an individual to fill the role of Parish Administrator on a part-time (10 hours/week) permanent basis. The Parish Administrator works with the rector and wardens to ensure smooth operation of the Parish office, and effective internal and external communication and information-sharing. This work is carried out under the Safe Church Policy of the Diocese of Niagara, it is preferred that this position not be held by a member of the Parish.
- Effective and efficient management of the Church office.
- Screens voicemail/email/mail and responds or forwards as appropriate
- Works with the Rector to prepare and distribute seasonal messages to the parishioners (Advent, Christmas, Lent, Easter).
- Updates Parish Website with new/seasonal information
- Prepares and Publishes weekly announcement cover sheet for bulletins.
- Prepares and Publishes weekly email “blasts” and Social Media Announcements.
- Keeps the parish membership list up to date.
- Sends out acknowledgements of memorial donations.
- Renews the yearly subscription to The Anglican Journal.
- Replenishes and Orders necessary office supplies.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: The Church of the Apostles is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, or age. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, education, experience and ability required.
- Clear and concise communication skills- both within and outside the organization
- Strong computer skills, various Microsoft applications (Word, SharePoint, Outlook, Excel, Adobe.); G-Suite tools; Apple hardware
- Well-developed administrative, planning/time management, problem-solving, organizational and follow through skills, with the ability to juggle multiple tasks at the same time;
- The ability to maintain confidence, tact, discretion and a patient and professional manner.
- 3-5 years (Administration Experience Preferred)
- References, and Police Record Check
- Our administrator will be a part of a busy and active community and key supporter of our mission: “to be a sanctuary for prayer and healing; a centre for community and social action; the heart of Jesus in the world.”
How to Apply:
To apply for this position please forward your cover letter and accompanying CV to email@example.com. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those invited to participate in our recruitment process will be contacted.