SALES AND MARKETING SPECIALIST – GUELPH
April 24, 2018
Sales and Marketing Specialist (Student Summer Position)
eMERGE Guelph is a local not-for-profit organization that supports homeowners in saving money by reducing their impact on the environment. It is building a roadmap to fight climate change in Guelph by energizing the community to commit to achieving 100% renewable energy by 2050. Our flagship program, the Home Tune-up, offers residents a free one-hour consultation with a trained advisor helping empower residents to decrease their homes consumption and cost of energy and water bills.
Close to Public Transit:
Occasional evenings and weekend availability is essential
35 hours per week for approximately 14 weeks
$14.00/hour plus 4% vacation pay
The Sales and Marketing Specialist will develop, coordinate and implement campaigns (social media and traditional) focused on increasing participation in 100 Renewable Guelph projects and Home Tune-Up program aimed at encouraging the people of Guelph to commit to achieving 100% renewable energy (100RE) by 2050.
- Promote environmental sustainability and clean technology
- Maintain and develop organizational network to find opportunities to promote projects and services.
- Investigate possible campaigns that engage vulnerable populations such as low-income individuals and families
- Coordinate outreach at environmental and community related events that raise awareness and increase 100RE commitments
- Use tabling at summer festivals and events to promote 100RE and other eMERGE programs
- Identify new marketing opportunities
- Provide reports on outreach and increased participation
- Facilitate the design and implementation of media strategies and goals, compile and monitor statistics for the eMERGE website, newsletter, and social media and make recommendations for improvements.
- Coordinate the editorial process for all communications and printed materials, including (but not limited to) press releases, blog/opinion pieces, newsletters, e-mail alerts, leaflets, posters, etc.
- Oversee and evaluate market research and adjust strategy to meet changing market conditions
- Establish and maintain a consistent corporate image throughout all promotional materials and events.
- Understand the rapidly changing media environment and identify opportunities for the organization to improve our reach.
- Facilitate print projects with outside agencies and printing shops
- Set up a succession plan to continue to work once the work term is done
- Manage multiple concurrent projects and successfully meet deadlines
- Work both collaboratively and independently
- Work with other staff to establish evolving brands and graphic standards
Successful candidates will possess some or all of the following:
- A passion for sustainability; a knowledge of current affairs in the energy sector is a plus;
- Experience with social media tools such as Facebook, Twitter, Mailchimp, etc.;
- Relevant educational, work and/or volunteer background;
- Strongly self-motivated and ambitious;
- Team oriented player;
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Business and Marketing - understanding sales and marketing strategies and techniques to effectively sell our service
- Communications, Public Relations, Journalism - understanding up to date communications messaging to affectively promote a service
- Environmental Studies - strong understanding of energy and climate change
How to Apply:
Please submit in the following manner:
- One pdf document using the following file naming protocol: YourLastName_YourFirstName_SalesMarketing_Summer18.pdf
- The single pdf document must include all of the following: Cover letter - Only applicants that confirm in their cover letter that they meet all of the requirements of the Canada Summer Jobs Program (above) will be considered; Resume; Writing assignment (300 words maximum) - Answer the following question to the best of your ability: Why should someone commit to achieving 100% renewable energy by 2050?
- Send the single file via email only to: email@example.com with ‘Sales and Marketing Specialist ‘ in the Subject line.
- Submissions must be received by 6:00 pm, Sunday May 6, 2018 or sooner
This position is funded through the Canada Summer Jobs Program. In order to be eligible for the Canada Summer Jobs Program the applicant must:
- Be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of employment;
- Have been registered as a full-time student in the previous academic year and intend to return to school on a full-time basis in the next academic year;
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act2;
- Be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.