BUTCHER/MEAT CUTTER – GUELPH
February 22, 2018
Join 155,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to nourishing the world in a safe, responsible and sustainable way, all while strengthening the communities where they live and work. Our Canadian operations are named one of Canada's Top Employers, Canada’s Top Diversity Employers and Canada's Top Employer for Young People.
Number of Positions:
Close to Public Transit:
6:30 am-3 pm with over-time as needed to fulfill production demands. Over-time is at time and a half.
$18.25 to $25.25/hr, depending on experience
Cut carcasses, sides and quarters.
- Cut, trim and prepare specialized cuts of meat
- Remove bones from meat.
- Prepare special orders
- Performing repetitive tasks
- Fast paced environment
- Physical Effort: This is a physically demanding position and will require continuous standing for extended periods of time, as well as some heavy lifting. Knife work involves regular repetitive use of hands, wrists, arms, shoulders.
- Physical Environment: Regular exposure to factors such as temperature extremes, moving machinery, loud noise.
- Sensory Attention: Regular need to give close attention- either hearing or seeing-to surroundings.
- High School education
- 3-5 years butcher/knife experience required (Experience in detailed meat cutting for further added value)
- Previous experience in meat processing and packing environment using manual cutting utensils and band saws.
- Certificate of Meat Cutting Program (preferred)
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work under cold conditions
- Commitment to safety and food quality processes
- Ability to stand and perform repetitive physical tasks for extended periods of time
- Attention to detail and work well with others
- Enthusiasm and willingness to learn and develop
- Critical thinking, have significant use of memory and continuous learning
- Excellent hand-eye coordination and decision making skills
- Reliability/ Dependability
- Basic English communication skills
How to Apply:
Please Contact Cargill Ltd. Dunlop Beef Facility Human Resources Department Address: 165 Dunlop Drive Guelph ON N1L 1P4 Tel: 519-823-5200 ext 283 Fax: 519-823-5488 E-mail: Guelph_hiring@cargill.com Website: www.cargill.ca
THE OPPORTUNITY: Cargill is building a new vision; to support the vision, we are looking for talented, reliable, and hard-working individuals – people who want to make Cargill their career choice - to join our Production team at our Guelph-Dunlop- Beef Processing facility. To know more about our company please visit http://www.cargill.ca/en/products-services/meat-processing/ Come and be a part of our dynamic team! We currently have openings for Permanent Fulltime Meat Cutters/Butchers to join our Fabrication area. On-site Cargill specific knife skill and butchery training will be provided for selected candidates. There are 50 vacancies and the start date would be as soon as possible. Perks: Benefits As per the collective agreement, Disability benefits, Medical benefits, Dental benefits, Vision, Pension plan benefits.